Meet the 2016 IAFIE Instructor of the Year – Mary O’Sullivan
Congratulations to Mary O’Sullivan on being named 2016 Instructor of the Year by the International Association for Intelligence Education (IAFIE). Mary has been an integral part of the Pherson Associates team since 2008, developing and instructing classes that have reached thousands of analysts and students in the intelligence community and beyond.
Mary’s notable achievements include:
- Leading design and management of analytic training programs for government audiences as Dean of Pherson Associates’ educational facility, The Forum.
- Developing and managing Globalytica’s certificate courses, offered internationally and to private industry.
- Teaches on average more than 50 courses per year to government and private sector analysts.
- Published contributions: development of the CREATE methodology as well as a chapter in Intelligence Communication in the Digital Era (see below for details).
- Established credentials as a gifted instructor, innovator, and mentor. Chancellor and co-founder of CIA University.
We are proud to have Mary O’Sullivan on our team as she continues to make strides in strengthening the analytic workforce. We are honored that Mary’s instructional excellence and innovative curriculum development have been recognized by IAFIE.
Intelligence Communication in the Digital Era Transforming Security, Defence and Business
By Rubén Arcos and Randolph H. Pherson (Editors)
- Present analysis and customize information to decision makers.
- Leverage advancements in technology to communicate information differently.
- Encourage analysts to change the way they work, and provide them with the resources and production technology to do so.
- Invest in new analytic tradecraft that prioritizes developing producer/consumer relations rather than predicting future events.